The Wyatt Winfield Memorial Scholarship is dedicated to the memory of Wyatt Winfield, a 2012 graduate of Helena High School. He was tragically killed in a vehicle accident in 2013.
At the time of his passing, Wyatt was nearing the end of his career playing Junior hockey for the Helena Bighorns. He was starting to plan for the next chapter in his life…a vocation, specifically welding. Wyatt was a talented welder and metal fabricator, having learned much by a very young age. It was his dream to eventually own a welding shop, as this was his “happy place”.
We believe one way to honor Wyatt’s memory is to help other young people fulfill their dreams by promoting participation in education in the Skilled Trades.
• Application Deadline: May 1, 2020, 3:00 pm, due May 1st and should be emailed to Mrs. Cindy Galbavy, email@example.com.
• Candidates: High School senior who is pursuing a career in the CTE field, such as Auto Tech, Business, Computer Sciences, Construction, Culinary, Drafting, Early Childhood, Medical Tech, Networking, Textiles or Welding (students also pursing students also pursing engineering, nursing, and the medical field (doctors) will be considered)
• Scholarships will go directly to the institution student is attending to pay for academic expenses
• Scholarship is funded by the Wyatt Winfield “Be Tough” Foundation
• Applicant must be a senior who is on track to graduate
• Applicant must be accepted into a post-secondary CTE program by May 10, 2019. Letter of acceptance must be included in the scholarship application
• Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
• Selection will be based on academic performance, personal statement of academic goals in a Skilled Trade career and letters of recommendation
• Completed Application Form
• Letter of Acceptance from post-secondary institution
• Official High School Transcript
• Personal Statement of Academic/Career Goal in CTE
• Two Letters of recommendation: one academic, one work experience (employer)